Video and recipe by Bita’s Kitchen on social media
“Fall season is officially here, so let’s make one of my favorite Tahdigs made of carrots, parsnips, and beetroots.” – Bita Milanian (Bita’s Kitchen)
1 of 12
Recipe & Ingredients:
- Put a little bit of grapeseed oil or avocado oil at the bottom of your nonstick pot
- Add some saffron water that you have brewed previously
- Toss in your thawed out carrots, parsnips and beetroots
- Season it with some salt. Toss it all together so it’s coated with your saffron and oil mixture.
- Make sure you flatten it out at the bottom of your pan, then top it off with your parboiled basmati rice until you have covered your entire base.
- Add some saffron water, drizzle of grapeseed oil and let it cook for about 45 minutes to an hour on low to medium heat.
- Flip your Tahdig on a plate.
- Top it off with some barberries and some caramelized onions.