Chef Maria Goretti prepares an egg dish from ancient Persia.
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced ½ teaspoon cumin seeds 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 5-6 spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 4 seedles dates, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons hung curd
- Salt to taste
Finely chopped fresh coriander, finely chopped fresh red chili, dollop of hung curd.
1 of 4
- Heat oil in a frying pan, sauté thinly sliced onion, add cumin seeds and red chilli flakes and finely chopped spinach. Saute till onion becomes translucent and spinach is cooked.
- Add finely sliced dates in the pan. Mix well.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, whisk with hung curd, and pour the eggs in the pan and mix well. Add salt and mix.
- Cook over a gentle heat, stirring slowly, just as you would if you were making creamy scrambled eggs. The mixture should be soft-set.
- Plate the eggs and garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander, finely chopped fresh red chili, and a dollop of hung curd on the side. Serve hot with a choice of bread.