Whole grilled trout stuffed with herbs and flavoring, then cooked directly on grill grates, produces flavorful, flaky, tender fish with tasty crispy skin.
- Video by Village Tale:
- Written Recipe by:Tina Cosgrave /AllRecipes.com
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rub the outside of each trout generously with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Sprinkle inside cavities with salt and black pepper. Place 1/2 of the lemon and onion slices into cavity of each trout as well, along with minced garlic, sprig of rosemary, and sprig of thyme.
- Turn preheated grill down to low and place the trout directly onto the grill; cook until flesh flakes easily and the skins are browned, 6 to 7 minutes per side, flipping once.