- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 1 small cantaloupe, chilled and grated (about 3 cups)
- 8 tablespoons rose syrup, adjust to your taste
- ice cubes, as needed
- fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan bring the water and sugar to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rose water, stir and remove from the heat
- Pour the syrup into an appropriately-sized jar, and store in the fridge.
- In a large bowl mix the grated cantaloupe with rose syrup and enough ice for 4 servings.
- Select 4 decorative glasses and use a ladle to fill each glass with the Paloudeh mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
A larger amount of the rose syrup can be prepared and stored in the fridge for future use.