By Shirin Tahanan
Also cooking with herbs and vegetables is an essential part of Persian cooking. In addition to our meat-based dishes, we have our delicious and healthy vegetarian Persian foods as well. This recipe’s origin is from the western provinces of Iran, where natives pick wild herbs from its highland.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/3 cup dried wild chives or 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 2 medium eggs
- Olive oil or Butter
- Salt & pepper
How to cook Persian chives omelette?
- Soak the dried wild chives in water for 5 minutes to hydrate them, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime melt the butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the scallions, sauté until golden then add wild chives
- Break the eggs one by one into the pan, spacing them evenly and making sure the yolks stay intact.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
Video by @thathealthjunkie on Tik Tok