Video by Village People
Lamb and Lentil Rice Pilaf
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and translucent.
- Turn up heat to high and add lamb. Use spatula to break mince up and cook until browned.
- Add Spice Mix and cook for 30 seconds until spices are fragrant and mixed through the mince.
- If using silverbeet/chard, add half the silverbeet into the pan and sauté for 15 seconds until starting to wilt. (If using spinach, do not add any at this stage).
- Add rice, water and lentils and stir. Bring to simmer, then put lid on and turn down heat to medium low.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat, take lid off and quickly spread the remaining silverbeet or all the spinach on top of the rice, then put the lid back on.
- Rest rice for 10 minutes. Remove lid, stir through silverbeet/spinach and fluff up the rice.
- Spoon rice into serving dish, top with Fried Asian Shallots and parsley if desired. Serve the sliced tomatoes on the side.