By Varta Melon
In this episode of #FarhangFlavor Farhang Foundation travels to Chicago and visits the home kitchen of Varta Melon, who has taken the art of making “tahdig” (crispy rice) to a whole new level.
Ingredients (amounts vary based on the size of your pot)
- Parboiled rice
- Flour tortillas
- Saffron, ground
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Melt butter and mix with saffron and enough rice to cover the bottom and sides of your pot
- Cut tortillas using the template or desired shapes
- Pour a layer of oil, 1/8 inch deep into your pot
- Butter sides of the pot
- Place cut tortillas into the dish as well as on the sides of the pot
- Layer the parboiled rice in the pot and gently press to keep the designs in place
- Cover with lid and cook on medium-low heat for 30-45 minutes
Similar Articles to This Post
Irani Chicken Kadhai is a classic chicken recipe of Iranian cuisine. Flavorful and spicy, the Irani Chicken Kadhai is made with ginger, tomatoes, onion,...
Video by: Opitonok
Written Recipe by Jamie Oliver
Served lightly with spiced tomato sauce
The brash, punchy flavors of Persian cooking lend themselves perfectly to veggie-based dishes.
SERVES 6 TO...
From Brunch @ Bobby’s - Food Network
RECIPE COURTESY OF BOBBY FLAY
Bobby Flay loads this Baked Persian-style omelet with fresh herbs, onion, and garlic.
Video by Cooking with Yousef
Written Recipe by: The Glutton Life
The beef tongue sandwich is one of the most popular street foods in Iran.
By Louisa Shafia
The Persian Kitchen
Baghali Polo | Colorful Festive Persian Style Rice | Norouz Recipes | باقالی پلو - Bing video
By I GOT IT FROM MY MAMAN
Chef Hami Sharafi
Khoresh-e Goje Sabz is a lamb and herb stew with Persian green plums. These plums are harvested...