by Chef Saeed Pourkay
In this episode of #FarhangFlavor Farhang Foundation visits chef Saeed Pourkay.
Watch Video as Chef Pourkay teach us about a southern Iranian seafood dish from the Persian Gulf region called GHALIEH MAHI, a rich and spicy herb stew consisting of aromatic herbs Fenugreek and Cilantro combined with fresh fish or jumbo shrimp.
Ingredients for four servings:
- Two onions
- One clove of garlic
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Four bunches of fresh cilantro
- Two tablespoons dried fenugreek
- Two tablespoons of quality tomato paste
- Two tablespoons of turmeric powder
- Red or green spicy chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons tamarind Concentrated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brewed saffron powder
- Grilled Salmon filets and or whole jumbo shrimp for four