LOOBIA POLOW WITH POTATO TAHDIG
(Rice with Green Beans & Crispy Potatoes)
Two Versions: Vegetarian or with Chicken
Video Presentation & Recipe by Bita Milanian – BITA’S KITCHEN
One large Potato, peeled and sliced into round pieces
One large Onion, peeled and chopped
A medium bag of fresh Green Beans, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
Few pieces of Chicken tenders cut into little chunks
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
One can of organic Tomato Sauce
Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, Saffron, Paprika, Cinnamon
- Sauté onions in olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper until caramelized.
- In a different pan, sauté green beans in olive oil.
- In a third pan prep chicken tenders in a dash of olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Once chicken is browned and fully cooked add in a small amount of water with a dash of saffron mixed in.
- In a large pot bring to boil white rice with seasonings.
- Prepare Sauce by adding a can of organic tomato sauce, pinch of tomato paste, and a dash of cinnamon and paprika to the caramelized onions. Let simmer.
- In two separate medium-sized pots, layer cut potatoes and let them sit in grapeseed oil.
- Squeeze in juice of one and half limes to the sauce mixture. Let simmer.
- Mix in sauce mixture and green beans.
- Layer one pot with chicken, rice, and sauce mixture and one pot without chicken (vegetarian version).
- Mix hot water in a cup with a small amount of saffron. Pour over each pot.
- Increase heat on each pot to make potatoes crispy.
- Lower heat and cover pots with a lid and towel.
- Cook rice mixture for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the lid and flip each pot over a plate.