Video by Chef Melika
Written Recipe by Shadi HasanzadeNemati
These potato patties are crispy on the outside and creamy and soft on the inside. Serve these homemade potato patties as an appetizer or a light meal.
- All purpose flour
- Spices such as black pepper, turmeric and saffron
- Dried mint
- Cook the potatoes by boiling or baking them.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl using a potato masher or a fork.
- Add the eggs to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add in salt, pepper, turmeric, bloomed saffron and dried mint. Stir well to combine.
- Add in the flour, one tablespoon at a time. Mix after each addition.
- The mixture should be thick enough to be handled but not doughy.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. You’ll know the oil is hot enough if you hold a toothpick in the oil and bubbles start appearing around it.
- Shape the patties and fry them in the hot oil in batches. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Place fried potato cakes on a kitchen towel to absorb their excess oil.