DUBAI, June 24 (Reuters) – Oman on Monday denied reports that it had conveyed a message from the United States to the Iranian government over the downing last week of an American unmanned drone.
“The Sultanate is watching current regional developments with concern and hopes that the Iranian and American sides show restraint and address unresolved issues through dialogue,” the foreign ministry also said in a post on Twitter.
Two Iranian sources told Reuters on Friday that U.S. President Donald Trump had warned Tehran via Oman of an imminent U.S. attack, which he later called off, after Iran downed the drone. Trump has denied sending such a message.
(Reporting by Ghaida Ghantous; Editing by Sylvia Westall)